COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
The New Haven Pride Center, in reflection to recent news and government response to the COVID-19 / Coronavirus, has developed the following policies around our programming, services, and operations. Please note that as of Monday, March 16, 2020 all in-person programs have been suspended until April 15th, the staff will continue to monitor the situation and adjust based on new information.
The New Haven Pride Center is here to serve the community and run support services to ensure the wellness of New Haven and Connecticut’s LGBTQ+ community. We plan to continue to do this work throughout any medical concerns within our community. Our community is resilient and strong and we will continue to thrive.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact the New Haven Pride Center’s Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
- All staff have been asked to not come into work and use their sick leave if they are feeling any flu and/or coronavirus symptoms and to seek immediate treatment. Beginning Monday, March 16th, most staff will be working from home.
- Additionally, all staff have been asked to work from home if they are experiencing any fatigue or illness symptoms to avoid bringing even simple things like the common cold into the Center.
- If at any point the Center has to close due to overwhelming numbers of infections, this information will be listed on the homepage of the Center’s website
- The New Haven Pride Center has suspended all in-person programs with the exception of one-on-one services. While supplies last our food pantry will continue to offer free food items and our Case Management program will help folks as needed.
- The New Haven Pride Center asks that anyone who are experiencing symptoms of either the flu or coronavirus to please NOT to come to the Center and seek medical treatment immediately (click here to read more information from Yale New Haven Health).
- In order to remain accessible as possible, and create space that doesn’t put people at risk, we will be generating online content and programs. These recording will appear on our social media platforms (facebook , twitter , instagram) and other online outlets.
- To ensure that there is no interruption in support services around our support groups, we plan to release a call-in option available for folks so that they can call-in to support group meetings as well as provide additional technology within the Center to allow the meeting facilitators to host these calls in the maximum
- The New Haven Pride Center will be increasing it’s regular scheduled cleaning staff, and making sure that public spaces with the larger building are being cleaned on a more regular schedule, to ensure surfaces and spaces in the Center remain clean and sanitized.
NHPC Online Programming During COVID-19
The New Haven Pride Center is committed to putting the #PuttingCommunityFirst , even during the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to sharing resources, self-care tips during social-distancing, and online programs throughout a period in which we are needing to create community without sharing space.