LGBTQ+ Friendly Health Organizations
- Advancing Connecticut Together (Hartford), a coalition of organizations that provide services to people living with HIV/AIDS in Connecticut
- Apex Community Care (Danbury), HIV/AIDS testing, treatment, and prevention.
- APNH: A Place to Nourish Your Health (New Haven), HIV/AIDS testing, treatment, and prevention.
- Anchor Health Initiative (New Haven, Stamford), primary and specialized healthcare for transgender, gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals.
- Aware Recovery Care (Statewide), provides competent, safe, age, gender, and story matched In-Home Addiction Treatment for the LGBTQ+ community
- Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (Farmington, Hartford, New London), fertility treatment and family building services for the LGBTQ+ community
- Circle Care Center (Norwalk), HIV/AIDS testing, treatment, and prevention.
- Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective (Hartford), empowers individuals of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions to lead healthy lives through the provision of health and support services, education and advocacy.
- Health Care Advocates International (Stratford), HIV/AIDS testing, treatment, and prevention.
- Jim Collins Foundation (New London), provides financial assistance to transgender people for gender-confirming surgeries
- Mid-Fairfield AIDS Project (Norwalk), HIV/AIDS testing, treatment, and prevention.
- Planned Parenthood of Connecticut (17 locations including New Haven), provide individuals with information and services to manage their fertility and sexual health
- Sound Health & Wellness (Branford), EMDR, Energy Work, Complementary Alternative Medicine as well as Psychotherapeutic techniques
- World Health Clinicians (Norwalk), HIV/AIDS and STI treatment and prevention, patient advocacy and assistance, and health education.
LGBTQ+ Hotlines, Call Centers, and Online Resources
LGBTQ+ Service Organizations and Community Centers
- Connecticut TransAdvocacy Coalition (State-wide), an education and social advocacy organizations for Trans* and gender non-conforming individuals.
- Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) Connecticut (State-wide), works to ensure safe schools for all students, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Lambda Legal Connecticut (State-wide), working to achieve full civil rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impacting litigation, education and public policy work
- Liberty Community Services (New Haven), ending homelessness in New Haven
- Kamora’s Cultural Corner (Hartford), provides both a metaphoric and physical space to learn to use the gifts and privileges of our unique and shared identities through a Black Queer and Afrocentric perspective
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) Connecticut (Hartford, Norwalk, Waterbury), uniting people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) through support, education, and advocacy
- Q+ (Hartford) , an LGBTQ+ Youth-centric nonprofit agency for support and social programming
- Queer Unity Empowerment Support Team (Waterbury), is a community-based collaborative formed to create healthy, inclusive and safe spaces for members of the LGBT community in the Greater Waterbury area that foster meaningful relationships, learning and joy.
- Stonewall Speakers (State-wide), all-volunteer speaker’s bureau comprised of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people and their allies
- Triangle Community Center (Norwalk), is Fairfield County’s leading provider of programming and resources to nurture growth and connection within the LGBTQ community
LGBTQ+ Social Organizations & Friends of NHPC
- Another Octave, Connecticuts Women’s Chorus (Manchester)
- Connecticut Gay Men’s Chorus (New Haven)
- CT Pride Hikers (State-wide)
- Hartford Gay Men’s Chorus (Hartford)
- Imperial Sovereign Court of All Connecticut (State-wide), a fundraising non-profit social organization
- So You Think You Can Bowl (SYTYCB) (Norwalk, Milford), a weekly (Tuesday) social bowling club
- Out Film CT (Hartford), Connecticut Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
- Out CT (New London)
LGBTQ+ Pride Organizations
- Bethel Pride (Bethel)
- Bridgeport Pride (Bridgeport)
- Fairfield Pride Festival (Fairfield)
- Festival of Rainbows (Naugatuck)
- Hartford Capital City Pride (Hartford)
- Middletown Pride (Middletown)
- New London Pride (New London)
- Pride in the Hills (Litchfield)
- Pride in the Park (Norwalk
- PRIDE New Haven (New Haven)